Friday, May 1, 2009

Thursday Tea



Thursday Tea is a weekly meme hosted by Anastasia at the Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog. To play along, all
you need is some tea, a book, and the will to answer some very simple
questions: what tea are you drinking (and do you like it)? What book are you reading (and do you like it)? Tell us a little about your tea and your book, and whether or not the two go together.



Well, it's not technically Thursday anymore, but close enough.  Right now I'm drinking The Republic of Tea's Earl Greyer (decaf, since it's 2 AM) with lots of milk and some vanilla extract and honey.  Basically it's my homemade version of a Starbuck's London Fog Latte.  Not as good, but it's decent.  I also suspect it's healthier.

My tea definitely goes along with my book, Drood (yes I'm still reading it), which takes place mainly in London.  Plus Earl Grey is a very traditional English tea. 



I am liking Drood.  I'm really enjoying the dark play between fantasy and reality that both Dickens and Wilkie are going through, and the glimpses into the "hidden" parts of British society that are being revealed in the house of Dickens and Wilkie's search.

What are you drinking and reading this not-anymore-Thursday?




Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...