Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Sunday Salon: Plans & Challenges

The Sunday Salon.com

Well, I think I had a really productive week!  I finished three books for two challenges and wrote a bunch of entries (some of which haven't been published yet).

Here are the books I read this week:
  • Kill the Dead by Tanith Lee (a very good book; see my review here)
  • My Wicked Marquis by Gaelen Foley (DNF; however, I did write an un-review which I will post this week)
  • Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One by Sharon Lathan (review to be posted this week)
For me, getting through three books in the course of a week is really, really good.  Usually I average one. 

harry potter and the half-blood prince poster

I also saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with my brother this week.  I thought it was a really enjoyable movie, although they changed the events of the book around a lot more than I expected them to--I think a lot more than they have with any of the other movies.  Or maybe it was just more noticable in this one.  Anyway, can I just take a moment to gush about how much I looooooooove Snape.  Best character ever!  And Alan Rickman-rawr!

Ummm, yes.  As for books acquired this week, I didn't get very many.  Here's what I got from la bibliotheque:

books in the wild
  • Melusine by Sarah Monette
  • Life Studies by Susan Vreeland
  • The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
As for the reason why I've been writing posts like nobody's business but only posting half of them, it's because by this time next week I'm going to be on vacation, and I want some posts to put up while I'm away.  I'll be going on vacation with my mom.  Yup, just me and my mom.  Trapped in a car together.  For two weeks. O.O  And we're going to... Oregon.  So if you know of any fun places to go in Oregon, feel free to share! 

Aside from that, you know what vacation means--I have to figure out what books I'm going to take!  I focus on the important things. ^_^  Of course, no matter how many books I bring, two things are certain: one, I will bring more books than I will (or can) read; and two, I will buy more books while I'm away.  So all of this is really kind of pointless.  Nevertheless, here's what I'm thinking of taking at the moment:
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  • The Thirteenth Tale
  • Don't Tempt Me
  • Flat-Out Sexy
  • Bone Crossed (? Not sure about this one because it's a library book and I don't want to lose it)
I was thinking the Harry Potter books would be good because I've been wanting to re-read them, and it's difficult to get into new books while I'm traveling.  However, I'm pretty sure my mom is going to freak if she sees me loading the car with Harry Potter books, so I just have to make sure she doesn't notice them until after we've left! :D  The Thirteenth Tale I have to read for a bookclub; I'm probably going to start that one before we leave.

BBAW

Finally, the Book Blogger's Appreciation Week is being set up by My Friend Amy!  How do you participate?  Just go onto the site and register your blog.  Then you can nominate other blogs you like and be entered to win prizes.  I've heard it's really fun and a great way to discover new blogs, so go register now!



Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...