Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Last Book

a bucket cover

The other night while perusing my shelf for my next book, I noticed that A Bucket of Ashes was still sitting there.  It was released three years ago and I bought it right away (pre-ordered it, actually) because I freaking love this mystery series about an Irish governess living in Gilded Age Boston. 

I fully planned to read it right away.  But before I could, I heard that it was actually the last book in the series--the author just suddenly decided it was time to end it.  And the book has sat on my shelf ever since.

It's not that I don't want to know what happens, or that I don't like the series anymore.  It's just that it's THE LAST BOOK.  And after I finish reading it, the series will be done.  Ergo, if I don't read it, there will still be one book in the series I have to read.

As far as I can remember, this is the only book I've had this problem with.  I read the last Harry Potter book right away.  But at the same time, I had time to mentally prepare myself for that being the last book.  With this series I was expecting it to go on and on and on. 

I need some motivation to read this book.  Or maybe I'll just let it sit there forever and ever, in complete denial.



Have you ever put off reading the last book in a series because you didn't want it to end?



Powered by ScribeFire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...