Sunday, April 28, 2013

Readathon Wrap-Up

drunk lolcat

The Readathon is over, which means it's now time to reflect on what we have read after we have read it.

So after my mid-event Readathon update, I read about fifty pages in Mission to Paris before I decided to watch Doctor Who, and things kind of went downhill from there because I feel the need to watch every episode of Doctor Who multiple times in case I miss something. And then we had dinner, and then my mom was like "Look at these funny YouTube videos I found," and then I was like, "Let's watch Django Unchained"—completely unaware that it's nearly three freaking hours long—and then I decided to watch Da Vinci's Demons (really good show, by the way), and basically it was around three in the morning before I started listening to The Three Musketeers, passed out at some point, and now I have to find my place in that audiobook again.

But, overall it was a pretty successful Readathon. I did finish The Great Gatsby, at least. Usually I spend the Readathon doing minichallenges and commenting more than reading, but this time I actually got some reading in, so that was nice.

Food consumed: breakfast casserole, a banana, crackers with hummus and capers (that was my lunch, sad), miso soup and sushi, champagne, martinis (too many martinis, I'm blaming everything on Django), and lots of water.

End of event questions:

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Right now. I'm feeling pretty daunted right about now.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
All the books I read this time would be great choices. If you're into reading chunksters for the Readathon, The Three Musketeers feels like a really fast read even though it's long. Loooong long looong.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Hm, I really liked the minichallenges with pictures. More instagram/photo challenges would be cool.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
It seemed like everything went perfectly.

5. How many books did you read?
One ish.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Great Gatsby, Mission to Paris, The Three Musketeers

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I honestly enjoyed all of them.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
Doctor Who. Haha. Kidding but kind of not.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I was not a cheerleader.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'll definitely participate again!


How did your Readathon/Saturday go?


Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...