Saturday, April 23, 2016

24 Readathon Today!

readathon

Hello my little cabbages! Today is Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon. As usual I got a late start, but I'm awake now and ready to get started.

The Dewey Ladies have some questions for us to begin, and I'll be updating this post with my progress as the day goes on. Chat with y'all soon!

Readathon Opening Meme

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Colorado

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I don't really plan to start a new book. If I do I guess maybe The Invisible Library. But I'd really like to finish my current Craig Johnson read.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I didn't plan any snacks. #fail

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm currently mildly obsessed with apple cider vinegar as cura-all for everything.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This is my bazillionth Readathon. Kidding. I don't remember how many Readathons it's been, but I think I've only missed four since it started. ANYWAY. One thing I'm doing differently this time is only having the one Readathon post to update throughout the day. Usually I do at least three, but now that cheering has moved to Twitter this way seemed more efficient.

Mid-Event Survey:

(Side note: So, does this mean the Readathon starts at 5am my time? I can't image getting up at 5am to read. Going to sleep at 5am after reading all night, sure. (And this is why I always sleep in.))

1. What are you reading right now?

As the Crow Flies by Craig Johnson

2. How many books have you read so far?

None. Nada. Null. Niet.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Hmm, I guess dinner. I'm pretty hungry.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

I did! My aunt came over just after I finished my initial Readathon post this morning. We chatted for a few hours and then went to lunch, so I couldn't start reading until mid-afternoon.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

I'm really enjoying the Facebook group.

And some stats just for my own edification:

Read: Listened to about an hour of Still Life by Louise Penny while I was working up the motivation to get out of bed and performing my morning ablutions.

Read a whole 37 pages in As the Crow Flies. Whoa! I am really ripping through those pages!

Ate: A breakfast burrito and coffee; one glass of diluted apple cider vinegar.

A "sausage sandwich" with green chiles, one cupcake, one vanilla milkshake, and another glass of diluted ACV.

Non-bookish activities: Watched America's Test Kitchen, petted doggies.

Lunch.

Disappointed by: The weather. I was super psyched to sit outside in the sun, but it's all cloudy and yucky out. Maybe the sun will peek out later.

The sun did come out briefly, but I was only able to sit outside for about 30 minutes before the wind picked up and it started raining. WHOMP WHOMP.



I will be updating on Twitter and Instagram as the day goes on, also. Happy Readathon, everyone!






Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...