Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday Snapshot is trying NOT to be a criminal

Sofie's new hobby is imitating art historical monuments. Today we're practicing The Sphinx.

Currently reading:

As the Crow Flies by Craig Johnson

How to Steal the Mona Lisa by Taylor B-something (too lazy to look it up): So far no one has responded positively to my, "Have you ever thought of doing something crazy, like stealing a priceless work of art?" query.

The Art Forger by BA Shapiro: OMG just end already.


Movies watched:

criminal movie
Criminal, starring Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman, and Tommy Lee Jones

After Ryan Reynolds is killed by a baddie, the CIA needs to find out where he stashed some techie dude. They *could* just figure it out with logic and footwork, but instead they decide to go with the much cheaper and simpler option of implanting Reynold's memories into someone else's brain using a highly experimental procedure previously only tested on rats. Bonus: the someone else is a psychotic inmate who makes Charles Manson look normal. Let this guy loose in London and watch the hilarious social contretemps, not to mention widespread property damage and bodily injury, ensue!

LULZ I have no idea how so many great actors were roped into this movie, but they weren't enough to save it. I do have to give Costner props for his performance, but the plot was too silly to be believed, and there were soooo many things that simply did not make sense. Not to mention this movie had a split personality, trying to be Le Carré and The Avengers all at the same time (I swear to god I thought Elsa was the Black Widow for 80% of the film). My personal favorite was the final line: "I'm not just going to let him go, I'm going to hire him!" HAHAHA, so I'm supposed to believe that the Jenga Tower of yes men known as the US Federal Government is going to hire an unpredictable ex-con just because he's suddenly sentimental?

hahaha no


This week in heidenkindom:

A slower week than the previous few, so I've been doing what the freelance writing websites refer to as "reinvesting in my knowledge base." I completed the knife skills course and I learned a lot! It was awesome, I definitely recommend it. Then I started a wine course that I heard about from Beth Fish Reads, called The Everyday Guide to Wine. It's a video course that's normally really expensive, but I realized I could stream it on Hoopla for free! That means all I have to pay for is the wine. I'm on lesson four and so far it's also been super informative.

Bonus:

dewey's 24 hour readathon

Next week is the 24-Hour Readathon. Yeah!!! Make sure you sign up and join in.





Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...